Monday, November 30, 2009

I Love New York Groom's Caken at Jessica's and Giuseppe's Tribeca Rooftop Wedding

When I asked Jessica what the theme was for Giussepe's groom's cake she said..."I want it to be all about him! He loves everything but everything about New York!"
Now I, being a native New Yorker, having been born in the Theatre District and living there for 22 years,
I was immediate enamoured with the theme. "Not to worry Jessica....I think I have an idea!"
Jessica gave me creative license to create a cake that would not only make her hubby-to-be happy but would surprise him at their wedding on the 29th of November at the Tribeca Rooftop.
After sketching the cake and making the deco's reflecting Joe's loves;
his being in the FDNY, loving the New York Knicks, going to Hunter, living
in Downtown Manhattan, cannoli's, Central Park and
can't forget Dunkin Donuts coffee, I called my
assistant....Lucy Ng to help put it together. We had
so much fun! The cake came together pretty quickly.
Well more quickly than had I worked on this alone.
Delivery day came...and surprisingly, our ride to
Tribeca wasn't fraught with tremendous traffic. Looked like
most people were still away for the Thanksgiving weekend!
When we arrived at the Rooftop, I was asked to put the cake in the
kitchen as it was a surprise for Joe.
Fun thing was that the Sushi Server's came in to watch me
put the final touches to the cake and to take pics!
Good thing I was wearing make-up!!! lol
Mission accomplished. Joe was surprised and Jessica was
happy.
Oh...the cake flavors....A moist white lemon cake
with a passion fruit wash, filled with lemon/coconut
Italian Merringue Buttercream! Yummmmmo!!!!






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Amelia, It was a lot of fun! I love the finishing touches of the street, central park, and mustard on the pretzel. :)

    ReplyDelete