Sunday, September 23, 2012

Harajuku In The House!


Harajuku in the house!!!! This cake and cupcakes were created for my great niece Penelope who turned 5 this week.

When asked to create the Harajuku cake....I sort of had that deer in headlights look on my face....Didn't know what or who Harajuku was! But I have got to say...once I researched it...I fell in love....just as I guess the kids did and do! I love love love the seemingly unrelated designs come together. Genius fashion concept.

Now just for the record....the blonde Harajuku girl has a black ribbon in her hair. But Penelope was going to wear a blue ribbon....so I took creative license and made the blue ribbon. Turns out that she wore hot pink ribbons!  But that's what it's all about....Taking creative license and making something your own.

Happy Birthday Sweet P!!!! Love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment