Saturday, February 18, 2012

Michael Turns 50!!

Characature of Michael Sitting on His Espresso Cake

Michael and His Cake

Michael and Rosa

The Ruggiero Family
Michael's Cake

I love love love coffee! So for this coffee lover, creating a cake for the owner of Caffe Sacco was as the kids would say..."The Bomb!"
Rosa...Michael's lovely wife asked me to create this cake for her hubby Michael who turned 50, for his surprise party held at The Inn at New Hyde Park.
She told me a little about Michael....and her vision for his cake, and right away we knew what to do.
I searched his website for Caffe Sacco  to get a feel for his style...It's a beautiful website by the way. There was a poster pic of an espresso cup with coffee beans and from there I got inspiration to create this cake.
Rosa mentioned that Michael had just opened an Italian Restaurant...Mr. Joe's, and would it be possible to represent that on his cake. This again...was not a prob! The pic on the menu on the cake is actually their logo. Very dapper don't you think!  I will most definitely be visiting their new restaurant!

Wishing Michael a Most Happy 50th!



No comments:

Post a Comment